Use your new domain for an existing website
Migrating your website allows you to upgrade your existing web address to your new .Storage domain while maintaining its current search engine rankings and SEO. Follow the 3 simple steps below to perform the migration yourself, or have us do it for you in less than 72 hours* for just $10,000.00.
* 72 hour timetable is an initial estimate and may not always be guaranteed. Migration times will vary based on the scope of work. Please contact us for a timetable estimate for your website.
Step 1: Prepare to Notify Search Engines
Search engines like Google and Bing catalog all of the information on your website so that people can easily find you. Your website’s position in the search results is called ranking.
To maintain your ranking, you will need to setup Google Webmaster and Bing Webmaster tools on your domain names:
- Sign up for a free account
- Use your account to sign in to the Webmaster tool
- Add your site – make sure you separately add the old and new domain
Step 2: The Transition
You will need to connect your new domain to your existing website. You can do this at the registrar where your new domain is registered.
- Backup your website – most hosts offer the ability to backup of all of your files
- Follow your registrar’s instructions to point your new domain to your existing website
- Update all references of your old domain to your new one within your site’s content
Step 3: Redirect your Old Domain and Notify Search Engines
Now it’s time to redirect your old domain. This means that when people visit your old domain, they are automatically sent to your new one.
- Follow instructions at your registrar to redirect your old domain to your new domain
- Test the redirect, and make sure your site looks correct and is working
- Use your Webmaster tools account to notify Google and Bing of the Change of Address